This Scholarship fund was created in memory of Phyllis Taylor Craft. Phyllis was a devoted wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. She had a heart for Jesus, a love for children and a desire to help others learn about Christ. Sadly, she was taken from her family when Phyllis died in a tragic car accident on December 23, 1985.
Phyllis was a 1974 graduate of Valley High School in Masontown, WV. She married her husband Edward Craft in September of 1976 and they went on to have two children, Amanda in 1978 and Todd in 1981. The family resided in Masontown at the time of her death.
She left behind a husband, 2 children, her parents and siblings along with many friends. She was a dedicated Sunday school teacher, loved teaching children memory verses and encouraged them to read. The family has decided that a scholarship fund created in her memory would be a wonderful way to have her light shine on. We believe she would be very pleased to know she still has a part in helping children learn about Christ and in growing God's Kingdom.
Donate to the Phyllis Taylor Craft Memorial Fund by following this link and choosing Scholarship Fund.
Two types of scholarships:
1. School scholarships in the amount of $500 for tuition. These will be decided in April for the following school year in August/Sept. Payable to the institution, or book store.
2. Random scholarships throughout the year. Smaller scholarships for Christian seminars, workshops and retreats. Payable to the institution, book store, or in rare cases, to the individual.
Funds may also be used for travel, lodging and food If it is directly associated with the event or opportunity for which the scholarship is being given.
Application (online application is at the bottom of the page):
Application for scholarship is only available through an online form submitted to the chair of the committee. The student (applicant) or parent should complete the application.
The online application asks the following questions:
1. Please explain the opportunity for which you are applying for the scholarship.
2. Please explain your relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. What activities have you participated in that have benefited your community? Did you participate through a group or was this a project you chose? If none, please list ideas for projects you would like to participate in.
4. How will this opportunity help you to grow in Christ?
5. What are your financial needs for this opportunity?
· An interview may be required by the scholarship committee.
· The decision of the committee will be sent to the applicant via phone and email.
Online applications for tuition scholarships must be submitted no later than midnight on March 31st. All other scholarships will be reviewed upon receipt.
· The applicant should be an active member, or the child of a member of StoneBridge Baptist Church.
· Students must also demonstrate a desire to help others and participate in community service. This can be by participating in church events or self-chosen projects.
· Students applying for this scholarship must have a 2.5 or higher overall G.P.A. *
· Applicant must provide a recent official transcript. *
· Applicant must have applied to his/her school of choice and must provide documentation of acceptance before an award is confirmed. *
Applicants may re-apply each year regardless of having received scholarship funds previously or not.
*Only applicable if applying for a tuition scholarship.
Please complete the application below.