StoneBridge’s Summer Alpha Course starts May 22, 2014 and runs Thursdays from 6-8:30 PM. Free dinner and childcare provided. What is Alpha? It’s a course on the fundamentals of Christian faith shared by all Biblical churches where people can feel comfortable and safe to ask questions about anything. To date, over 24 million people worldwide have taken an Alpha Course. The Course began in the United Kingdom and was perfected by a British barrister turned pastor. We’re going to have two discussion groups—one for people who already believe in Jesus and one for people who don’t. We welcome with open arms atheists, agnostics, Muslims, doubting Christians, anyone not ready to go to church yet with an open mind. If you know someone who doesn’t believe but has an open mind, please invite them to come. If you’d like to learn more about the fundamentals of Christianity and how to explain your faith better to nonbelievers, this Course is for you as well. Can’t make every session? Come to the ones you can.
Here are the dates and topics for Summer 2014:
- May 22 Introduction
- May 29 Session 1: Who is Jesus?
- June 5 Session 2: Why did Jesus Die?
- June 12 Session 3: How Can We Have Faith?
- June 19 Session 4: Why and How Do I Pray?
- June 26 Session 5: Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- July 3 Session 6: How Does God Guide Us?
- July 10 Session 7: How Can I Resist Evil?
- July 18-20 – Alpha Weekend Retreat
- July 24 Session 8: Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- July 31 Session 9: Does God Heal Today?
- Aug 7 Session 10: What about the Church?
- Aug 14 Celebration
Questions? E-mail Will Rhee